Thứ Năm, 14 tháng 7, 2016

raise your heads + he , poems by the phong (uplifting poems -- dai nam van hien books, saigon 1971/ this edition: jan.2012, hcm city

raise your heads + he/  poems by the phong
dai nam van hien books, 
this editon: jan. 2012 hcm city -3-


                                                       

raise your heads
 by the phong


1
 When they have much money,
                             sure you can ask them to buy 
Sure
they are the cream of society
Sure
                         their services can never clean thanks to good, 
expensive soap
Sure
their teeth are clean and shining
(for the same reason)
Sure
                           their voices are resounding because full of pride
They come to you
 do nothing for you
anyway
they expected too much from you
"I tell you
       nobody needs top worry about them"


2

Whatever you do which involves no real labor,
no genuine care,
no love on your partner
I couldn't care less about it
because it has no value
They should have suffered,but now it is too late for that
They should have earned their life honestly,
but they should have the will
They should have known humility
so that they are not full of arrogance
Really they have never know real love
so they should not talk of love
"I tell you, they are downright contemptible"


3

Today I walk Saigon streets in sunny weather
The air is invigorating
I am enjoying myself
I feel myself a new man
Cheer up 
Dear follow.

SAIGON , JULY 17, 1963


h e
TO POET-JUDGE  DAO MINH LUONG


1

He wrote poems to sing freedom and to denounce slavery
His wish to be a willow tree on the windy coast
 He wrote in poems this world is full of great expectations
He and a deep love for less lucky countrymen

He hate:
the trucks of screaming prisoners
on the way to court
To make money was the last thing he would think of
He lived a good life,
he was nice to those around him
He even shared the poverty of his fellow mates
He spent many years to pore over books
in the university

His talking straight
and thinking straight endeared him
in the eyes of many
He solemnly swore,
I will never do bad things to others

He wept over the death of Frederic Garcia Lorca
the Spanish poet
He pointed to the picture of Francisco Franco
loudly condemning him as a cruel man
He paid homage to Vietnamese hero Nguyen Thai Hoc
" I shared his convictions and held him in admiration." 


2

Time passed ...
Time was a great master ...
time taught us to do good is never easy
Many a night I could not sleep because of him

Now that the was a judge,
he betrayed his own beliefs
Holding the conscription notice,
 he shrugged his head
" Tell me, what is this all about
tell me
 I only want to live I am afraid to die
I love myself
I have one life and I don't want to lose it"
He burst out crying as a little kid.

On the way home
I could not say a word!

SAIGON , JULY 23, 1963.


(p.  58- 62 UPLIFTING POEMS )

0 Nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Đăng ký Đăng Nhận xét [Atom]

<< Trang chủ